The first thing to do is determine where you want to site the Water Cooler: this should be close to your cold water mains supply and also have a 240Volt supply available in the same location.
The Compression Fitting
- The compression fitting is relatively simple
- With the compression fitting you will need to shut off the cold water mains supply and fit the compression fitting into this line (or have a plumber/handyman do this for you).
- You can purchase an Opella self piercing valve on our website if you wish.
- Ensure the position you mount the compression fitting has enough space around it to fit the block valve and reset.
The Block Valve
- Inside the block valve you will see numbers inside the externally threaded end.
- Set this to (3) and then fit the block valve to the Tee on the compression fitting: the block valve should be mounted vertically either up or down.
- Fit the block valve reset and the adapter nut (Do not over tighten).
- Fit the adapter to the block valve, fit block valve reset to block valve and fit the adapter to the reset.
- You can now connect the 1/4 tubing into the adapter nut on the reset, run tubing to where you have the filter fitted and cut tubing (leave a little slack) ensure cut is straight or it may not seal.
Prepare the Filter
- Before connecting the filter make sure the filter is correct way round: look at flow arrow on filter
- Flush out the filter by running 3-4 litres of water through it.
- Run tubing to the water cooler and turn on the water supply, check for leaks (push in all joints) check ALL connections and joints.
Switch on cooler and you now have your Water Cooler operational.
YOU DID IT!
It's important to remember that filters have a finite lifespan.
In order ensure your new water cooler has a long operational life, and to look after you, and your employees, health and safety, you need to change your filter and sanitise your water cooler every six months.
WaterSystems4U has all the filters you will need.
In addition, our sanitising kits will allow you to easily carry out your six-monthly clean without having to pay someone else to do it.